The American Cruise Lines is based in the USA small-ship cruise company founded in 1991 and headquartered in Guilford, Connecticut.
The line currently operates 7 small ships sailing almost exclusively on USA cruises – along the East Coast, Alaska and on the biggest US rivers Mississippi, Columbia and Snake.
American Cruise Lines
One of the most prominent features of all American Cruise Lines ships is that they are all US-flagged. They were all built/refurbished in the USA by the Chesapeake Shipbuilding company (Salisbury, Maryland).
Being a true USA cruise line (all its vessels are registered in the US) means that this line hires only American hotel staff and crews, and pays American taxes on all cruise deals. The ACL line deals are not so cheap, consisting of:
- larger than average staterooms (with the first (only) balcony cabins in the US coastal cruise business)
- spacious public rooms (bars & lounges)
- gourmet cuisine
- highly personalized service
- hassle-free experiences, complimentary drinks before dinner, intimate, relaxing and friendly atmosphere
- amazingly charming itineraries sailing the inland waterways and stopping at ports every day (these are smaller ports inaccessible to larger vessels)
- an evening enrichment program by professional on-board lecturers
- the cruise ship “Queen of the Mississippi” debuted in 2012 as the largest of all ACL ships. Her sister ship was recently launched (March 2015) under the name American Eagle.
- fellow guests – ACL attracts an older clientele from all regions of the USA and Canada (with a high number of repeat passengers), kids are rare, although the New England and Maine sailings in the Summer may draw younger guests.
Follows a list of external links (opening in new tabs) to:
- Official website – AmericanCruiseLines.com
- Ship builder – Chesapeake Shipbuilding
- American Cruise Lines deck plans and cabins at CruiseShipDeckPlan.Com
USA rtiver cruise excursions for free
Any American Cruise Line’s guest booking USA river cruises on Mississippi or Columbia rivers will get an absolutely free shore excursions. This amazing offer is an year-round deal. These free shore tours are offered in each port of call. The tours list includes:
- “Battle of Vicksburg” (in Vicksburg, Mississippi)
- “Oak Valley Plantation” (in Oak Alley, Louisiana)
- “Mark Twain Boyhood Home-Museum” (in Hannibal, Missouri)
- “Mount St Helens” (in Rainier, Washington)
- “Winery” (in Richland, Washington).
American Cruise Lines 2016-2017 itineraries
Follows the list of all American Cruise Lines ships, in barckets (Year Built/Passenger Capacity/Cabins_total)
- Queen of the Mississippi riverboat (2012 / 150 / 76)
- Queen of the West riverboat (1995 / 120 / 70)
- America riverboat (2016)
- American Eagle riverboat (2015 /150 / 84)
- American Pride riverboat
American Cruise Lines ship cruises are an affordable alternative to the top luxury all-inclusive river ships. These deals are a great option for passengers who like to sail in more sheltered waters, and also for first-timers. The ACL as a product is an excellent choice for those who really appreciate the small ship luxury cruise travel for its charmingly beautiful destinations, unique itineraries, impeccable service and like-home comfortable environment.
American Cruise Lines cruise tracker
Our American Cruise Lines ship tracker is a function integrated into all American Cruise Lines river cruise review pages. At page-bottom in each page you’ll find a map with the boat’s current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It’s all about convenience – you will find where is your American Cruise Lines ship cruising today and now along its current itinerary!
Enjoy the “traditional USA” river cruising on your ACL vacations!