Compare prices on Chobe River cruise ship Zambezi Queen itineraries. We list here the chartered by AmaWaterways riverboat’s complete schedule of all departures and ports arrivals with indicative AMA cruise fares per person. At page bottom is the Zambezi Queen current position tracker.
The Zambezi Queen boat cruises on Chobe River (Botswana, South Africa) departing from Kasane. This houseboat also offers African safari cruise package deals with departures from South Africa (Johannesburg and Cape Town).
Zambezi Queen cruise ship
The magnificent Zambezi Queen was designed specifically for safari river cruising on Chobe River. She is a small (28-passenger) luxury riverboat (often called “houseboat”). Zambezi Queen was launched in 2009 and ensures passengers’ comfort with her 14 balcony staterooms (ranging up to 300 sq.ft), decorated in contemporary style. The top deck is air-conditioned and consists of the lounge, dining room, bar, sunbathing area and a pool. The service by all African staff on board Zambezi Queen is highly personalized and attentive.
The dining room is located on ship’s 3rd level and offers unforgettable views on three sides. Guests can experience splendid dishes such as “fillet of beef with bordelaise sauce” and “butternut and macadamia soup” paired with perfect wine. A full English breakfast is offered in the mornings and the afternoons provide gourmet lunch buffet. The bar includes imported and local spirits, beers and wine. Complimentary beer and wine with all lunch and dinner are always available on board.
Zambezi Queen is also a remarkable eco-friendly boat, built by the foundation of responsibility toward the environment. The conventional propeller system was replaced with water jet propulsion, causing no damage to river bed. The latest low emission and fuel efficient generators are run during the day. The boat operates on battery power all through the night. Hot water is assured by solar heating system. River water is used in tap and showers and all soaps and cleaning detergents on board are biodegradable. Energy-saving lights are used throughout the ship.
Zambezi Queen houseboat ship
The boat is often chartered by the AmaWaterways line, but also from other river cruise lines offering luxury Chobe River travel deals in South Africa.
Regarding its design, small number of all-suite accommodations, onboard amenities and all-inclusive deals, this luxury ship is classified as “houseboat”. With similar design and features is the Amazon River cruise ship MV Aria (Peru, South America).
- houseboat Zambezi Queen deck plans (layouts, ship review, cabins plans and information)
- AMA website page
- official website page.
Zambezi Queen cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative AMA river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your AmaWaterways Zambezi Queen cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Zambezi Queen Chobe River cruises, AmaWaterways lines offer discount airfare travel deals on major airlines (without charging Flight Deviation fees).
The luxury Zambezi Queen boat offers African safari cruises on Chobe River in Botswana (Africa). Some of the itineraries are also inclusive of land travel package deals. Follows the list of AmaWaterways Zambezi Queen cruise itinerary themes operated by the houseboat on Chobe river, and the ones combined with South Africa departures:
- “STARS OF SOUTH AFRICA” is a 16-days (sailing 4 days) river safari cruise from Cape Town to Johannesburg, with a total of 16 complimentary land tours (excursions, visits, fishing/game watching). Also included in the Zambezi Queen cruise fares are 3-night Kruger National Park safari lodge stay, plus 3-night Cape Town, 2-night Victoria Falls and 1-night Johannesburg luxury hotel packages.
- The “DISCOVER AFRICA” segment is 12-days (sailing 4 days) safari cruise from Cape Town to Johannesburg. There are 8 complimentary land tours (excursions and visits), plus 2-night Victoria Falls and 3-night Cape Town luxury hotel packages included in the fares.
- The “RIVERS and RAILS OF AFRICA” variation is 12-nights (sailing 3 days) combined Rovos Rail train and Chobe river cruise from Cape Town to Johannesburg. There are 19 complimentary land tours (excursions/drives/visits), plus 2-night Victoria Falls and 3-night Cape Town hotel packages, and 3-night train travel from Victoria Falls to Pretoria included in the fares.
- “GOLDEN TRAILS OF EAST AFRICA” are 18-days (sailing 4-days) Chobe River safari cruises from Johannesburg to Nairobi. An optional 3-night Cape Town hotel package is offered as a pre-Johannesburg extension. There are 16 complimentary land tours (excursions, 4×4 drives, visits). Also included in the Zambezi Queen cruise fares are: luxury hotel packages (1-night Johannesburg or 3-night Cape Town /optional, 2-night Victoria Falls, 1-night Johannesburg, 1-night Nairobi) and 6-night luxury African safari lodges (6-night stay in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Manyara Lake).
Untill we list here all 2016 dates and prices, see in the following table two exemplary itineraries with ports of call and prices per person.
|Departure||Itinerary / Schedule / Timetable||Lowest price from|
|Oct 11 (Sun)
|Oct 13 (Johannesburg, dep),
Oct 13 – Oct 17 (On River),
Oct 17 – Oct 19 (Victoria Falls),
Oct 19 – Oct 20 (Johannesburg),
Oct 20 (Nairobi),
Oct 21 – Oct 23 (Tanzania),
Oct 24 – Oct 26 (Ngorongoro),
Oct 26 (Serengeti National Park).
|Oct 23 (Fri)
|Oct 27 (Cape Town, dep),
Oct 27 – Oct 31 (On River),
Oct 31 – Nov 01 (Victoria Falls),
Nov 01 (Johannesburg),
Nov 02 (Victoria Falls),
Nov 02 (Johannesburg),
Nov 02 (Kruger National Park),
Nov 03 (Johannesburg),
Nov 03 – Nov 06 (Kruger National Park),
Nov 06 (Johannesburg).
See where is the houseboat today and now!
If you lose the ms Zambezi Queen location – simply reload the page. The AIS data for AmaWaterways chartered cruise ship Zambezi Queen current location is from VesselFinder (ship tracking site).
Tracking is currently inoperational due to unannounced boat identification (MMSI).